WORKING IN GIBRALTAR
If you have an EU/EEA passport then you can work in Gibraltar without any problems.
Non EU citizens must obtain a work contract before a permit will be granted, but this contract can only be issued it the employer can provide they have tried every possible method and failed to find an Gibraltarian or EU citizen who is willing and able to do the job.
The Rock operates a Social Insurance Scheme which you pay into so that you can receive benefits such as a maternity grant, widow's pension, widowed mother's allowance, injury at work compensation, death grant, unemployment benefit and old age pension.
There is also a Group Practice Medical Scheme which will provide excellent health benefits if you can prove your social insurance contributions are up to date.
Job information about Gibraltar
- Facts about Gibraltar
- Weather in Gibraltar
- Government in Gibraltar
- Economy in Gibraltar
- Language in Gibraltar
- Working in Gibraltar
- Labour Laws in Gibraltar
- Getting a Visa for Gibraltar
- Getting a work and residence permit in Gibraltar
- Social protection in Gibraltar
- Income tax in Gibraltar
- Pensions in Gibraltar
- Unemployment in Gibraltar
- Unemployment benefit in Gibraltar
- Embassies and Consulates in Gibraltar
- Types of job in Gibraltar
- Finding a job in Gibraltar
- CV tips for Gibraltar